Welcome to my humble and currently quite barren little corner of the web. Here, you can read allll about the intricacies of both long-distance relationships (LDRs) in general and sneak a peek into my own LDR life. There will be various random rants and recipes and such probably thrown in along the way, but I’m not going to get too ahead of myself on just my first post here.
In a nutshell, this here compilation of links and pixels and internetty stuff will ideally help to provide a place for people in LDRs to relate and commiserate, give people outside of LDRs a way to learn more about what this type of relationship is all about, and amuse you and brighten your day with quality prose that may or may not be posted in a timely, regular manner.
Now that you know about the blog, here’s some stats about me:
- I’m a twenty-something American girl
- I’m in love with a twenty-something Swedish boy
- I’m a student teacher/future educator, which is why you won’t be seeing my face or name around here
- I work 7 days a week (M-F in the classroom, F-Su in retail)
- I like zucchini
- I’ve been living la vida LDR for a little over one and a half years
- I’m (mostly) fluent in French…it’s a work in progress
- I have nearly no idea what I want to do/where I want to go after I graduate in December(!)
If I have managed to both pique and keep your interest, I hope you will be stopping back in roughly a week or so to see what’s new. I’m quite excited to be sharing my insights on this type of relationship (and bits of my own) with the world. If you have any thoughts or post suggestions, I would love to hear from you. Until next time, though, stay happy and keep loving! 🙂
-Arrow (yes, that’s a pseudonym)